Silicones have a bad rep - but they are not always detrimental to your hair! They help create a sleek, shiny look but can sometimes weigh down hair. When we formulate products we determine whether silicones would be beneficial to the product. We are not always silicone-free, but we also don’t see that as a bad thing!
What are they and what do they do?
Silicones are used in hair care to provide shine and lubrication, and they also provide glide, slip, conditioning, and detangling benefits!
Should I avoid silicones?
Silicones are non-toxic and completely safe for use in hair care products! They provide a multitude of benefits, which is why they are commonly found in many formulas – not just in our collections, but other brands as well! Some may have concerns about how silicones can build up in your hair over time, so you may want to be mindful of this, and we're working toward either eliminating or using water-soluble silicones as we re-evaluate each product for performance!
Which amika products are silicone-free?
- normcore shampoo
- mirrorball high shine + protect antioxidant shampoo
- mirrorball high shine + protect antioxidant conditioner
- the wizard silicone-free detangling primer
- reset gel conditioner
- reset charcoal cleansing oil
- reset jelly shampoo
- fluxus hairspray
- curl corps defining cream
- curl corps enhancing gel
- 3D volume and thickening shampoo
- 3D volume and thickening conditioner
- thicc volumizing base
- 001 hair fragrance
- mixtape drops - gold, violet, and teal
- hydro rush shampoo
- hydro rush conditioner
- hydro rush leave-in conditioner
- hydro rush intense moisture mask
- dream routine overnight hydration treatment
- water sign hydrating hair oil